|Home| |Pictures|

Back

Next

Laiva (the Ship)

This ship was orginally called Royal or Vaisseau du Roi or Grand Vaisseau du Roi,
and in 1634 renamed as Amiral. Finally she was renamed Grand Saint Louis in 1646.
Saint Louis laid down at Amsterdam in 1626, and completed by 10/1627.
She was sold in 1649, and BU in 1650.
Dimensions (Dutch): 158 x (123kl.)x 42, and (French) :
148-3 x 105(kl.) x 39-9 x 15-4 ft.
Guns : 6-36, 18-24, 18-18, 10-12 (52), 14-36, 2-24, 26-18, 6-8/4/3 (48).