When keel laid down in 1647 the ship name was Hannibal, but changed to Svanen in same year.
When ship was launched in 1649 the name was again Hannibal, and last time it changed to back Svanen in 1658.
Building master of the ship was James Robbins, and ship was built at Christiania.
Svanen rebuilt in 1663. The ship have in total 60 gun ports, when built.Gun number varied 40-63 guns in her career.
Ship dimension were 141 x 33-8 x 15-6 ft. (44,3 x 10,6 x 4,9 m), and when rebuilt the beam rose to 35 ft (11 m), and
depth 16 ft. (5m) ship burthen was 420 Danish Laesten, and displacement c. 1200 tons.
Svanen condemned 1716, and sunk for tre Kroner battery in 1720.